Accessing the system¶
- Secure shell (SSH) access to the login nodes is available to access the login nodes both inside and outside the KCL network.
- You will need to use an SSH client to connect.
- You are required to configure SSH keys for authentication - you will also be prompted for your usual King's account password
- Your SSH private key must be protected with a strong password, different to your King's account password
- Please provide us with your SSH public key in a support ticket
To connect, point your ssh client at login.rosalind.kcl.ac.uk with your KCL user account. For example on a Linux or macOS terminal:
k1234567@nmscde001337 ~]$ ssh firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com's password: Last login: Wed Nov 6 16:27:08 2019 from 10.101.19.20 -[ alces flight ]- [k1234567@login3(rosalind) ~]$
Note, that your connection to login.rosalind.kcl.ac.uk will be automatically re-directed to one of the two login nodes: login3.rosalind.kcl.ac.uk, or login4.rosalind.kcl.ac.uk. Both nodes should be identical in terms of configuration and available software.